Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Supreme Court: Protestors are violating privacy

The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of the "religious" fanatics that insist on picketing military funerals with  hate-filled messages, desecration of the American flag, and most importantly, lack of respect for the grieving family.

The underlying message is that homophobia is tolerated under the guise of "religious" freedom as supposedly interpreted under The First Amendment's rights. It is an injustice that is institutionalized in order to perpetuate homophobia. 

I avoid speaking out against religion but what they are doing, I believe, is creating a religion to justify their actions. Their God is very foreign to me. I will not speak on behalf of anyone's God. I do not understand how these lunatics think that they can, either. These hate-mongers should do all religions a favor and speak for themselves instead of utilizing God as their puppet. They should separate themselves from every religion because such anger and hate is more consistent with evil than anything else.

Despite being heterosexual, I am hurt by their messages. Not that I have any issues with homosexuality, but how do the protesters know the troops' sexual orientation? These protesters freely use the "F" word--not the four-letter one, the hateful word for homosexuals. Such repugnant written, spoken and sung messages are equivalent to public indecency to my eyes and ears--especially my ears because not only are their songs filled with hate, they sing horribly. I would rather see nudity--at least I could close my eyes and it is natural. It is unnatural for people to have such anger and hatred displayed publicly.  I do not consider these protests peaceful. I would be terrified to walk past such hate-mongers.If it is protected under The First Amendment, I suggest they practice their rights elsewhere. They could practice it at their church, homes, and online but this behavior does not belong in public.   


Hate will eventually escalate into violence. The Supreme Court has allowed the Ku Klux Klan--well-known throughout history for burning crosses and lynchings to continue operating. I feel these groups should be regarded as terrorists and they should not be able to have protection under the law. Their ruling was a huge injustice to humanity. Do the families no longer have the right to privacy? To grieve the loss of their loved one without the noise and media distraction that the protesters are providing. Do the fallen troops have the right to rest in peace? Is it not defamation?

Isn't it against military law to desecrate the flag? That was always the impression that I was under because to this day, if I see a flag that touches the ground, or is somehow tattered, I cringe and think to myself that it is a violation of the flag. That may seem strange to civilians, but the flag is honored and requires special care and handling.  

I hope that the Supreme Court's decision is reversed. These are, in my opinion, the legal reasons why The Court should reconsider.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment