Saturday, September 3, 2011

Eid

I cannot imagine Eid being celebrated with the turmoil that has been plaguing The Middle East. The Muslims that I knew were very generous during Eid. They would give money to anyone in need and bring huge amounts of food--especially rice and chicken dishes over to our house. It was the custom of the country and if one was begging and I could offer a donation, I would, too. It has always been important for me to respect the culture where I am a guest. I find it rude when people do not know the customs and do not attempt to speak the language. I also have never understood why some people claim that Muslims want others to convert to Islam. In fact, I have heard from a Muslim friend that proselytization  is against Islam. In the U.S., I constantly have proselytizers all over me and I am bombarded with religion. Do I look like a sinner? I don't understand it. I have even had some weird cult people approach me. I know that part of it is that I am a loner. I will venture anywhere by myself but they are so persistent that they will come to you--right to the front door! I enjoy celebrating and appreciating all religions but I think it is a good idea to let someone find their own spiritual path than to lead them to what has worked for you. I'm not making sense. It is those meds and I really wish the doctor hadn't ordered me to take them. I honestly went up until 11:30 p.m. yesterday (Friday) believing that it was Saturday! It was horrible. The medication made me sleep so much and I was wondering why everyone was at work on a Saturday! I have a good sense of humor, so I can laugh at myself but I will tell very few people that story. I'm still on meds and still terrified of the "care" I will receive from the money hungry doctor that I have to follow-up with. I would skip it, but--once again, doctors orders and I have heard that one can lose their insurance if they defy written or oral instructions from a doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment