Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make it: write

November 1st is the start of National Novel Writing Month, aka nanowrimo. It is a commitment that some make to write for an hour and a half a day for an entire month. The novel must be fiction. The famous "Water for Elephants" was born from the challenge. This will be my first attempt. Even art is racist, sexist and homophobic. I hope to put every aspect of life into the nonfiction novel that I compose. I hope that many take the challenge with me. Those who are protesting and risking arrest by participating in the Occupy Wall Street movement could be drafting petitions or creating art that demonstrates their struggle. Some members of this generation are so self-absorbed that it would benefit them to get over themselves for a month; log off of facebook, turn off the tv for an hour and a half and focus on thinking and creating something wonderful. I plan on finishing the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment