Saturday, June 23, 2012

How To Get Away With It

There is a show that I watch on Discovery I.D. channel called "I (almost) Got Away With It". It recounts crimes that are committed in which the criminal evades the law and eventually is apprehended. Their past confronts them and they are often punished for not only the crime, but also for avoiding capture. There are some bad people that do horrible things--operate with impunity--and are rewarded by society. I continue to be disturbed by the former Mississippi Governor, Haley Barbour, who pardoned prisoners before exiting office. This confirms that some can literally get away with murder. How can one's conscience allow him to receive reward for committing a crime? In my opinion, only an animal would not feel guilt and these sociopaths are now integrated into society--more than likely--without the proper rehabilitation that should have been required of them. It proves that rules are sometimes only meant for some. It has bothered me so much lately because I know that I am a good person, but I have had so many bad things happen to me that remain unpunished. There are laws against what has been done to me, but I do not feel as though anyone in law enforcement or other so-called agents of authority care. I do not pity myself because I know that I am lucky. My attitude has been that if good things do not happen to me I will make good of something. I can't explain it. It sounds corny and I'm sure that it is, yet, I still believe that hard work will preserver. I have hope. I hope that you all are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment