Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Education is a lie: "Work smarter, not harder".

I hate cliches and yet I always find myself resorting to the adages. I admit that I am guilty of bad writing. I can barely form a sentence, but that is not a problem, and that is why there is hope, people. Keep in mind that I have a Bachelor's degree. That should be a huge "f u" to the American Education system, but no one cares about education because all of the money is appropriated to wars.

Education is a lie! The new trend: get rich off of someone else. This does not require education, all that is needed is an idea and a strategy for it to materialize--preferably on the world wide web. Con artists have always known to appeal to the dreams and desires of the person being conned. Beware of who you trust because it could unknowingly be occurring to you, too.

The greatest tactic to get rich off of another person is to play up their vanity, have them submit things that are of interest to the general public for a blog, and make that blog into a book! I used to visit a website that included pictures of some of the most fattening foods in the world--some of these coming from the imaginations of people who seemed to be trying to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most calories in a dish kind of foods--that some people actually eat and some restaurants actually include on the menu. That blog no longer exists because it was made into a book.

I do not have a problem with this, but I believe that each user should receive some of the royalties. I am unsure of whether the people who submitted the content were aware that they were going to help someone capitalize off of them, but this somehow seems unfair. Didn't they steal intellectual property? I do not know. It is a recession and I will gladly go to the public library and check out that book.

Some accuse Frank from postsecret.com of doing this, too, but I will defend Frank's honor and integrity because he has a very important cause behind his website. I do not believe that some of the other blogs that have done this have a cause--other than money.

Unrelated, but equally important, is the recent media attention directed at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Honolulu International Airport had a string of firings because the TSA people were not doing their job. They were not checking luggage and it should be an embarrassment to the Agency and the State. Susie Castillo mentioned how invasive of privacy the pat downs are on Democracy Now. I, too, have routinely been subjected to pat downs. I opt out of the machine because I have a weak immune system and with the additional radiation from Japan, I cannot afford to get any weaker. I have had women touch my genitals. It is disgusting and degrading. It left me in tears. The person I was flying with is always my witness. He tried to film the pat down but was told he could not do that. Democracy Now said it violates our 4th Amendment right and I believe it violates human dignity. I have been flying since I was five years old. I have been to every continent except for South America and Antarctica.  I follow the rules and regulations but flying is such a hassle that I no longer enjoy traveling--well, atleast the process.

I hope you all are well and thanks to anyone who reads any of these rants. . .random thoughts. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment