Sunday, June 12, 2011

Education is a lie: child stars

In Chris Brown's song, "Look At Me Now," he says, "I get what you get in ten years, in two days." Wouldn't life be a lot easier if we were only so fortunate? Talent, as I have mentioned on several posts, is a means of making more money than any graduate degree. It does not even have to be considered traditional talent anymore: Snooki and other reality stars. My advice is this: prep yourself and your children to be talented.

The Jackson Five, The Olson Twins, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber,  and countless other stars are richer than their own parents and the majority of people with graduate degrees. Why receive financial aid or any other form of financial assistance/debt if the return is not equal or greater to the investment?

Facebook is, to the best of my knowledge, the biggest social-networking site on Earth. Does anyone believe that Zuckerberg rushed back to college? I don't think so. Education is a lie, so please save your money and invest in yourself. If, however, you are offered a scholarship or you happen to be wealthy, enjoy your college or university experience. 

 I cannot think today. I am upset at Weiner. I don't understand this youth culture that has grown men taking shirtless pictures in the mirror and sexting. It is quite unsettling to me because this is the new, high-tech way of cheating and it displays the immaturity of men who are supposedly representing our nation.

Tracy Morgan's homophobic remarks were disgusting. Instead of allowing such ignorance to be debated--everyone in the U.S. knows that we all have freedom of speech and so on--I would appreciate a critical discussion of why this cannot be tolerated. He advocated violence against homosexual males. It is important for us to hear from survivors of hate crimes and the programs that we are using to quell such hatred and violence. People must realize that they all know someone gay, they just haven't come out yet. Some may go a lifetime with that secret and I, as one person, will not tolerate it. It is a direct insult against humanity, as are racial slurs.

The Hangover 2 was not funny. The writers had to resort to racist jokes in order to have content to fill the screen time. It was disgusting to hear the n-word in the music and used by the actors in the film. Did people of African ancestry abdicate their right to be offended by the word that is rooted in a racist history? Are racist jokes funny? I did not appreciate the Asian jokes either. They should have stopped with the first one. I have always been ambivalent about sequels.

Hope is still alive. If I were rearing a child, or in a position of power to give advice, I would tell anyone who listens that education is a lie.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment